William O’Shaughnessy is a former president of the New York State Broadcasters and chairman of Public Affairs for the National Association of Broadcasters. He presently serves as chairman of the Guardian Fund of the Broadcasters Foundation of America and operates two of the last independent stations in the New York area: WVOX and WVIP.
He is the author of “AirWAVES” (1999) … “It All Comes Back to Me Now” (2001) … and “More Riffs, Rants and Raves” (2004)… and more.
President & CEO, Whitney Radio, parent company of Westchester community station WVOX…and WVIP, the upscale regional station In the New York area.
* Editorial Director, WVOX
* Director, National Association of Broadcasters, Washington
* Trustee, Broadcasters Foundation and Broadcast Pioneers
* Trustee, Fund for Modern Courts
* Past President, New York State Broadcasters
* Founder & Past President, Advertising Club of Westchester
* Founder & Former Chairman, New York Market Radio (NYMRAi))
* Trustee, Andrew Cuomo’s Housing Enterprise for Less Privileged (H.E.L.P.)
* Founder, Nelson A Rockefeller Minority Internship Program (NYSBA)
* Chairman, The First NAB National Radio Conference
* Indiana University Award for “Outstanding Editorials in the United States”
* Abe Lincoln National Award, Southern Baptist Radio – TV Commission
* George Washington Nkdal of Honor, Freedom Foundahon at Vallev Forge
* Crystal Prism Award, American Advertising Federation, (AAF)
* League of Women Voters Award for Communications
* Italian-American Columbus National Award
* Communications Medals, Archdiocese of New York
(Terence Cardinal Cooke & John Cardinal O’Connor)
* Westchester County Distinguished Service Medal for Public Service
* Corporate Achievement Award, NAACP
SPEECHES AND LECTURES
* United States House of Representatives, Communications Sub-Committee
* International Radio and Television Foundation
* Columbia Universitv School of Journalism
* Landmarks Commission, City of New York
* National Conference of Christians and Jews
* National Shrine of the Bill of Rights, Mount Vernon
* Advertising Club of New York, New York Citv
* First Amendment Forum, Washington
O’Shaughnessy’s latest commentaries
Chuck Strome is retiring as City Manager of New Rochelle … and that deserves our best shot … and the everlasting gratitude of our City and its people.
It’s time we weighed in on the misguided effort to try and re-name the Mario M. Cuomo Bridge. And we’re not a Johnny-come-lately to the controversy…
I’ve recently had many conversations about the latest Andrew Cuomo developments … most of them with those who know of our 38-year friendship with his father of sainted memory.
Pope Francis is going to have to rely on another official papal airline. Fabled Italian carrier Alitalia, once the favorite of the jet set and the La Dolce Vita crowd, is giving up its fleet of 52 jets.